Dietary: Vegan | Sugar-free
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 20 mins |Cooking time: 25 mins |Ready in: 45 mins
Sourced and adapted from: allrecipes.com
450 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
15 g vegan butter
60 ml almond milk
120 g shredded vegan cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large onion
5 stalks celery
450 g frozen mixed peas and carrots
2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
450 g vegan mince
salt, pepper and herbs, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain, and return to pan.
- While potatoes are boiling, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, frozen peas, tomato and vegan mince until softened (10 minutes). Stir in the herb seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Whilst the mix is simmering, add soy milk and butter to cooked potatoes, and whip until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the shepherds pie mixture into the bottom of a baking dish, top with the mashed potatoes, smoothing them into an even layer. Sprinkle the potatoes with the soy cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven (180°C) until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the casserole is hot, about 20 minutes.